Monday

A Desert River



I've been thinking a lot about the desert lately...

I liked how this painting came out.
Color, color, color! Acrylics can be good for that.

I finally managed a painting without just black and a monotone... though I think that's an excellent choice for paintings. But all the other colors can be good too.

It's funny how my explanation for any painting goes through stages as I paint it.

Somehow the meanings and storyline reveal themselves bit by bit, until they finally make sense.



Anyhow, I'd been hoping to add in some figurative elements. So I'm lucky this one seemed to work out.

My unweariness of painting trees remains intact. And Waterfalls also are right up there in my iconic lexicon of favored themes.

The monotone piece below is the first step, where I figured out the basic shapes.

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Merisi said...

Hi John,
thank you for leaving a kind comment on my blog. Merry Christmas to you too!
I have to come back and visit your blogs with a bit more leisure than I have right now. I like the desert River painting and the one before and after too (and not only because here it is gray and cold and the thought of a day in the middle of a hot desert with a river close by is delightful).

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Liliana Lucki said...

From Argentina .Trabajando mucho y sin miedo

al color,se logran maravillas.

Painter sin Ingles.......


Liliana Lucki. Feliz 2009!!!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger gextongexton said...

Congratulations. How incredibly beautiful. They must be beyond thrilled to own your superb

work.

painters edmonton
painting contractor edmonton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home